Sunday, February 15, 2009

sam turns six

This weekend we had a few birthday parties for Sam. A small friend party with a few kids from the neighborhood on Saturday morning, a party with my family today after church, then another tonight with Grandpa, Gramma, & Aunt Hope.

We had a "Donut Party" yesterday. Sam loves donuts from Tim's Bakery, and I was looking for a simple party theme. So, complete with "Pin the Donuthole on the Donut" game and the "Donuthole Toss" (aka, tossing little bean bags into a pool intertube), it was a very easy party!! Oh, and Uncle Ben did his famous balloon art....always a huge hit with kids!


For Sunday's party, Sam insisted that I make the same farm cake I made for his 3rd birthday. That was fine with me because that's a yummy cake from scratch, and very easy to decorate....actually, Sam & Lora were the ones to decorate it.



Happy #6 Sammers!!!!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Tim' Donuts. Now I'm gonna be craving those all week! I just may have to make this EXACT cake for Matthew's b-day in June, it's adorable! (and yes, he's still tractor obsessed :-)

I don't know why this is happening but this post didn't show up for me until today, but it says it's been up for a week. I'm confused. Anyhow, it seems like yesterday we were stopping at the hospital to get our first glimpse of Sam. I can't believe he's 6 already!

Anonymous said...

how i wish i could have been there for the donuts!!!

Lisa said...

Both cakes look awesome...but I am a huge, HUGE fan of donuts. Maybe you can make the same cake when we come visit. :)