Friday, January 18, 2008

Success!!

It's only been one week since the potty training began, and I can't believe how AMAZING both Ethan & Eliza are doing!!! They both go completely unprompted and completely by themselves! WOW!!!! We've been staying home all week, so the real test will be when we are out. Today Eliza has a doctor's appointment, then we'll head to McD's for lunch....with underwear on, no pull-ups. I'm a little nervous, but with only 1 accident this week (Ethan on Monday) I think it'll go great.

I would highly recommend the book I used - Toilet Training in Less Than a Day by Azrin & Foxx. It was written in the early 70s, so it's a bit old school. But, if followed exactly, I'm here to say that it really worked for us!! I didn't use this with Sam, and he was MUCH harder.

What a great feeling!!!! I was dreading this so much. It's awful enough to train one kid, but two at the same time I just didn't think I could handle. To know that it's done is such a relief. Now, let's just pray they won't digress when we move or when the baby comes! :)

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Wow! Congrats. I think I'll look into that book for Brooke this summer.

molly said...

Hey Mel! When that time comes, we'll have to talk! I really did like most of the concepts of the book...but, like I said, it is a bit old school.

Melodie said...

Hey Molly...I actually read that and had hopes of it working with Gabe when he was just about 2 1/2. Unfortunately I couldn't even get him to sit on the potty that morning and decided I just needed to wait! It's a very outdated book with an interesting concept, but I am very glad for you it worked!! Maybe the concept will work with Addie!! :) Yea for you....the dreaded potty training is OVER!