Sunday, January 13, 2008

Potty Training

...is my least favorite thing about parenting!!! (So far anyway, I'm sure the teenage years will change this!) And, training 2 kids at the same time is simply for the birds! Although they really are doing okay at it, it's still no fun!!!!! I feel like I can't leave my home for a few weeks while I really work on this - that alone is not a great feeling.

This, combined with keeping the house clean in case we have a showing, being pregnant, and doing all the regular things of caring for 3 kids and doing normal house stuff (cooking, laundry, etc.), is about to send me over the edge.

Any great tips on what worked for your kids with potty training would be greatly appreciated!!! When I trained Sam the twins were 3 1/2 months old, so it's somewhat of a blur. (Although I remember saying over and over that it was the most challenging 2 weeks of my life!!!)

4 comments:

Traci said...

I'm definitely not one to give tips on potty training:)

JewelsHud said...

Hey - I totally agree! Just wanted to let you know I put a cute picture of Hud and Eliza up on our blog!

Organized Chaos said...

Not sure about boys...staying at home for a few weeks if possible is what I recommend, too. I know it sucks, but I think it makes it the easiest for the kids.

The other thing I recommend is keeping a potty in the back of your van/SUV if you have space. It was so convenient...pull up at Target, put them on the potty, go inside for an hour, come back out and put them back on the potty. No messing with the bathrooms etc. Then I secretly dump it under the car or park near a grassy area with that thought in mind.

Jon said...

Too funny Molly. We are going through that too (but with only 1 thank goodness). Kalyn will go when shes on it, but refuses to tell us if she feels the urge. She'd rather tell us after the fact.